Sunday, May 04, 2008

Borrow a Cup of Sugar?

I live in a small condo building. It's actually a converted apartment building so it's small and cozy.
There are six units on my floor and we're very neighborly. We share internet service. Throw BBQs together in the courtyard. Last year during the blizzard we combined our resources and shared a meal together - sort of a picnic in the hallway. So neighborly requests are often honored.

The other night I was on the phone with Mr. Burns when I heard a knock at the door. I opened the door and saw my neighbor - and motioned silently that I was on the phone and I'd check in with her later.
She motioned silently back - and I once I understood her message I burst out laughing.

She was waving a dollar bill, asking to buy a roll of toilet tissue from me!

With a request like that... you can't take payment. If someone is down to their last square glued to a near empty roll - you can't be stingy!

No comments:

Post a Comment