Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Favorite Things

I'm swiping an idea from another blogger. KC Masterpiece started blogging about some of her favorite things. Things she already has, in an effort to appreciate what she has, and as I took it... to help curb the want for new things.

I think it's a great idea. And so I'll start with a few of mine:

When I look around my home, I notice that my favorite things are mostly antiques. Oddly enough, recently acquired antiques!

I picked up this lovely little number at an antique store last year.
I can't imagine my love for this little vase ever waning!

Seriously.
What's not to love?
The color - beautiful. The texture - amazing!
And if you look closely you'll notice that while the base of the vase is square, the mouth is a triangle. Now that's sneaky!
I really think it is one of the most beautiful things in my home and I can't imagine ever growing tired of it!

The same can be said for my beautiful credenza. I picked it up about 1 1/2 years ago. I searched for YEARS after I moved into my condo for the right piece of furniture for my living room. Oh baby, is this it! I tucked my little tv, vcr and dvd player in the center door. No ugly tv as a focal point in my living room.

For your true appreciation of this beauty... I must point out the very cool Atomic knobs!

How cute!

Oh... actually these are the best photos I have of the credenza - but I must share that I finally moved that old rug to the bedroom and replaced it with a beautiful shag that I found for a steal - so my living room looks more like this now:
Improvement eh?

Now I'm working on the right placement for accessories to display on the credenza. A new sofa is next.

I'm getting there. That will be another Favorite things feature in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment