Tuesday, January 06, 2009

My Soggy Bottom

Ronnica, reporting for duty, with a soggy bottom, ma'am.

Oh my, I wonder what kinda searches could lead here with that title?

Okay, so my bottom isn't soggy; I actually change at the pool before I leave. But I went! And swam laps! And actually got exercise! And pushed through the "I'm going to die" feeling!

I've found that the first 4 laps of swimming is muy dificil, but once I push through them I really enjoy it. I went 4 laps tonight, and it was still difficult. I wasn't sure I was going to make it to 10 laps (my absolute minimum), let alone more. Fortunately, it only took 1 more lap before that feeling was gone.

I don't feel as spaghetti as I normally do after swimming, so I probably will need to push myself harder next time. How I've done it in the past, and I'll do it in the future, is each time I go I swim one more lap (capping at one mile, which is 32 laps...I've only done that once, though).

Ronnica accountability: 30 minutes swimming (15 laps)
TRS accountability: 1 hour yoga (I'm nothing if not consistent!)

2 comments:

  1. Whoo hoo! So proud of you.
    And mightily impressed because I can't swim (that whole breathing difficulty thing for me!)
    Very impressed that you pushed through the wall. You tough chick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And good for you!

    ReplyDelete